The Typewriter Exhibition

The Typewriter Exhibition
Lucy May Schofield

The Protagonist


The given Protagonist - Lucy May Schofield, a lady of many professions, many talents but an ungiven title. My blog will be based on gathering information (research) in order to create a space for her work and maybe even Lucy herself. Hopefully through looking at my online diary of daily findings you will be able to understand why i perceive her work the way i do, without describing her job role.

Monday 31 January 2011

Research from last week





A Selina Lake collage I found. I have always had an interest in this lady as she also has many professions and I just generally like her work. I thought this image connected to my research for all the same reasons stated below.



This is me trying to be abstract, not one of my greatest talents I must admit. Here I have chosen pictures that i think would describe the more sinister side of Lucy's work. Her exhibitions/books involve a lot of shadow and word play. Dark forests, the trees that cast shadows on the ground scare me slightly like something out of a thriller movie, they are also quite mysterious. The words chosen because of Lucys interest of being near water.

No comments:

Post a Comment